Bakoven - Cottage
About this property
This new state-of-the-art beach bungalow with a granite seawall on two sides
has an uninterrupted view across the waters in front to Lions Head and behind is
the magnificent world heritage site of Table Mountain. To enjoy this magnificent
setting, the bungalow is fitted with glass windows on every side. Landscape
wonders like Lion’s Head are visible from the kitchen, living room, main bedroom
and even the bathroom!
The house physically abuts the sea such that indoors you feel very much part
of the outdoors. You can slide back all the glass doors and then the house
becomes part of the rocks, beach and seascape. Luxurious but not pretentious—
the house blends into this environment and allows you to experience it in the
most relaxed way.
The house is private when you want it and is open to nature as and when you
wish it. It is very green as well (solar panels, water recycling).
There are too many luxurious features to list them all but among them:
• Wooden decks all around leading to a private entertainment area that
includes a Jacuzzi hot tub recessed into the deck, seating, table, a
pagoda/gazebo, barbecue and sink
• Three bedrooms (master and 2 guests)—all with views and an optional
bedroom now furnished as an office
• Two bathrooms, one with a bidet, large tub and a boulder on one side to
form the wall
• The gorgeous open plan kitchen has magnificent views with all the works
(gas stove, microwave and convection oven, icemakers, etc.)
• Wireless internet throughout the property
• Flat screen HD TV in all the rooms with satellite and built in speakers for
music throughout the house
• Beautiful gardens (including some with herbs for cooking)
• An outdoor shower nestled among the boulders on the property
• A garage available
• A large basement with washer/dryer, bathroom and other amenities
(perfect for production companies doing photo shoots)
• No steps—from the street and throughout the house and decks
• Easy walk into restaurants, shops and beach in Camps Bay (but the house
is on a more exclusive and quiet beach)
We will be delighted to offer a complimentary transfer to the cottage at your arrival in Cape Town.
We provide Guest Trotter welcoming products : shower gel, shampoo, body lotion and a vanity kit upon arrival
This apartment requires a “Meet and Greet” - guests will be met at the apartment and given keys at that time.